Kodaikanal

One among my few trips to Tamil Nadu...

We visited Kodaikanal during our vacations after our second year engineering exams. We traveled overnight, reached early morning and we found a cottage close to a cliff with great view. The cottage has bunker beds... The weather was cool and the water was cold. We spent some time sitting in the front porch enjoying the view ahead of us. Mot of us used to smoke, including me. Venkatesh had a cigarette and he hid it behind me


We went sight-seeing; some ____ walk, a suicide point, a cascade, a museum, a lake, we did some shopping too, I bought two shawls from Tibetans. This is one place where I saw trees full of pears on street sides, we had one each, they were quite tasty. Evening we went for a boat ride in the lake. For the first time I had white corn... it was so tasty I had some five or six of them! .....all the while I smoked, smoked and smoked.


It's nice to see the water cascade down these rocks and spray of fresh water felt good on the skin.


This was right opposite our cottage, Venkatesh shot this picture; Vishwanath, Aravind, Rajesh, Jayanth and me. This was the evening we had a wild party running late into the night...



The night was freezing, we made a bonfire in the front yard and danced around it like crazy.

Probably that was the last second day I smoked...

.........
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Journeys to temple is proudly powered by blogger.com