Navalur Gudda

I'd seen this hill from Dharwad - Hubli road several times. And wanted to come here. Mom told me that she had visited long back with her grandfather. I kept postponing the visit untill one Februsry Sunday. It was bright and warm.

I drove through the narrow streets of Navalur, a dusty village. On the other side of the village, I had drive my Omni through dirt track, Jeep would've been better for such terrain.


That's Basavanna temple. I went to the temple and to my surprise I saw a dozen Muslim women and kids. The poojari was a HIndu. By the looks of the temple, it's half way through it's so called 'renovation'. I wish people would leave the temple structure as it is and pray sincerely instead.




The white patches are 'kana' place where grains are separated from the husk.



That's a small cave behind the temple.


This pond, for the cattle grazing on these hills (I wonder what they get to eat) is like an oasis in the middle of a desert. Not just for the animals but also the dhanakayo boys too. I mean the cowboys... cowherds.


I have no plans of visiting this place again.

.........
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 Journeys to temple is proudly powered by blogger.com